Outfit: leopard Keds from Macy's, "Weekend Vibes" Tshirt from Old Navy, Destroyed jeans from Express, Sunglasses from Ray Ban, Purse from Rebecca Minkoff, Watch from Apple, Nail Color: Scandal Sandal from Red Carpet Gel (links below)
I have been MIA on my blog!! What was I thinking starting the blog a month before going back to teaching and getting my masters at night? One semester down!! I feel like I now have a better grip on balance in my life. It is so important to recharge over the weekend and even better when it's a loooooong weekend! Here are somethings that I do that help me recharge for the next work week.
1. I am a PLANNER so I love to take my Create 365 Happy planner and look at the week ahead. I write in all my activities and events. I also write in which days I am going to run and which mornings I will go to Orangetheory fitness. Next I write down the meals I will cook for dinner which leads into #2...
2. Create a grocery list for all your meals and shop!! This way you do not have to make extra stops to the grocery store during the busy work week.
3.Ummmmm a cup of coffee in your pajamas... maybe 2!
4. Get outside!!! We are stuck in an arctic class room all day. Use the weekend to get outside and picnic or run. Fresh air and a couple deep breathes can cleanse your mind of negativity (which I know we all have some teammates that do this to us!)
5. Shop... grab a friend and do some retail therapy. Or stay on the couch and do some online shopping. You know how exciting and motivating it is to get new workout clothes? Well it's the same for work clothes! Grab a new work essential for your wardrobe and you will be so excited to wear it on the next Monday.
7. Friends and family... they make you laugh and forget about all the crap you have to do!
8. Cheese... anything with cheese! Pizza, nachos, cheese boards, pasta, quesadillas. You know your drooling.
9. Snuggle up with a good book. Books have a way of taking you into another world. Right now I just started What She Knew and it is written by Gilly MacMillan.
10. If your like hubs and I then you need to watch some tv before bed. Currently we are binge watching Ray Donovan. Wow it makes you sit up in bed. Some of our current favs are This is Us, Chicago Med, and Rosewood.
11. Wine. Again.
12. Last but not least... plan something to look forward to! Plan something that you do not usually do or have never done. It can be something small to do that Sunday or something to look forward to in the future like booking a summer trip. Sunday adventures are my favorite. We love to try new brunch places. Something we haven't done and want to plan is a trip to a winery about an hour from our house. Our new adventure coming up is renting a house in the keys for a long weekend getaway with friends. These are the things that keep me full of energy during my workweek!